Childhood Budget Update for Families with Children with Autism
Childhood budgets provide money directly to the parent to purchase the services and supports that are most important to your child.
Families with children under age six are eligible to receive $20,000 annually per child, while families with children aged six and older are eligible to receive $5,000 annually per child.
Applying and Receiving Childhood Budget
- You must register for the Ontario Autism Program before you apply for a Childhood budget
- After you register for the Ontario Autism Program, you will receive a letter to apply for a childhood budget. The letter will include your child’s unique reference number and instructions on how to complete and submit your application for a childhood budget.
- When you submit your childhood budget application, you can choose between two different funding options to get your childhood budget. You can:
- get the full amount sent directly to you;
- have the ministry send some, or all, of your funding directly to up to three service providers of your choice
- You must submit your application and documentation online or by mail. If you choose to submit online click on the following link to fill out the PDF Form.
You will also need to complete the funding agreement included in your letter as part of your application. You have 90 days from the date shown at the top of your childhood budget letter to complete the application and submit all documentation. If you need further information or help to complete your application or require a paper form, you can email email@example.com or call 1-888-444-4530.
- After you apply for the Childhood Budget the ministry will review your request. After we review your application, you will receive funding within four weeks.
For additional information visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-autism-program-childhood-budgets#section-5
Starting Speech Therapy with Childhood Budget
Parents will receive a cheque within four weeks of the ministry reviewing completed application and documentation. Contact Speech Therapy Works on (416) 553-0729 or firstname.lastname@example.org when you want to utilize granted childhood budget on speech therapy for your child. Our therapists are registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO). We are not only passionate about working with children with autism but also have experience working with children with autism and their unique needs.